No products in the cart.
Hi friends! It’s Friday and I’m excited for sharing two posts with you today. The first comes from my very lovely friend and fellow blogger/designer, Meli of Jelly Design Studio. I have never, ever posted a recipe on this blog and I figured, Meli’s good at it, why not ask her? Plus, as I’m hosting a holiday dinner party this weekend, I want to share my love of food here. So many many thanks to Meli for putting this together and I hope you guys enjoy.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt salt
- 6 tbps unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbps cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup non-fast vanilla yogurt
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- Powdered sugar for decorating (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 8″ cake pan.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a medium bowl: flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder.
- In a large bowl mix butter and 1 cup of sugar with your mixer until fluffy. Add egg, non-fat vanilla yogurt, and peppermint extract.
- Add dry ingredients to the mixture. Mix until smooth.
- Pour cake batter into baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F. Check if the cake is ready by inserting a toothpick, if it comes out clean cake is ready.
- Place cake on a cooling rack. Once cake has cooled down sprinkle powdered sugar.